Dressage Discussion

Forum for discussing anything and everything to do with dressage.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Getting back out there after a long break...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MumbleBee
Prix St Georges
Prix St Georges

PostSubject: Getting back out there after a long break...   Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:03 pm

OK, after a very long break due to EI, injured/lame horses and various other things I'm finally going to take the plunge and enter something. If I don't hurry up I'll miss the competition season and have to wait until next year!

I just realised I haven't competed for 2 whole years!!

The thought of going out there again is a bit scary. Eek! shock!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.squidoo.com/dressagediva
Snowy
Preliminary
Preliminary

PostSubject: Re: Getting back out there after a long break...   Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Yay mumbles! You can do it, it's not that scary!

I think most of us had a pretty big break due to EI Mad

What level are you going to compete at?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cleo
On the Lead Line
On the Lead Line

PostSubject: Re: Getting back out there after a long break...   Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:26 am

Ive just sent off entries to a training day. You get a dvd of the test with the judges comments on it instead of your test sheet. Should be interesting. I havent competed since May this year but my boy has only competed four times previously. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MumbleBee
Prix St Georges
Prix St Georges

PostSubject: Re: Getting back out there after a long break...   Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Snowy wrote:
Yay mumbles! You can do it, it's not that scary!

I think most of us had a pretty big break due to EI Mad

What level are you going to compete at?

Thanks! geek

I've just entered 2 prelim tests. I've never taken this horse to a competition before, and I think his old owner only competed prep and prelim with him. It's funny actually getting a new horse and finding their strengths and weaknesses. He does shoulder in pretty well, and yet we still seem to do more wobbly diagonals than straight ones! chuckle

Today I rode through some of the movements to see what we need to work on, and I think the thought of competing again made me get all tense! I felt pretty silly when I realised what I was doing. blush

I had to stop and take a deep breath, then start again... Doesn't help that I've been feeding him up a bit lately because he's a touch on the skinny side still. (I've only just realised that his paddock mate has been sneakily eating more of his food than I thought!) So we got in a bit of a vicious cycle tension-wise!

He's such a good boy though. When I put the time in he improves so much so quickly! I just need to keep up the motivation, and hopefully going to a comp will help me with that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MumbleBee
Prix St Georges
Prix St Georges

PostSubject: Re: Getting back out there after a long break...   Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:01 pm

cleo wrote:
Ive just sent off entries to a training day. You get a dvd of the test with the judges comments on it instead of your test sheet. Should be interesting. I havent competed since May this year but my boy has only competed four times previously. pale

That sounds really cool! I once got to watch a dvd that had the marks coming up with each movement. It really helped me to understand a lot about how they mark stuff, I wish all DVDs had the option of showing the marks... (Maybe they do these days, I haven't seen a new dressage dvd in ages!) It would be great to be able to watch your test back and have the judges' comments 'live' to explain things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting back out there after a long break...   

Back to top Go down

Getting back out there after a long break...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1